Lets face it moving is stressfull. Take advantage of these helpful tips and make your next move go a lot smoother. You can also simplify the process by buying your
moving supplies online from our third party vendor and they will ship the boxes and supplies directly to you.
Pack Like a Pro
Here are a few tips that will have have you packing like a pro:
- Don't Procrastinate! Waiting until the last minute to start packing will only cause a lot of stress. Don't underestimate how much you own and plan to start packing several weeks
before you move.
- Buy Moving Supplies. Gather all the moving supplies you will need before you start packing; boxes, bubble wrap, tape, markers, & paper. Having the necessary supplies will
make the job easier. Consider buying specialty boxes like TV boxes and wardrobe boxes.
- Inventory Your Home. Make a list of all the items in your home. Determine what items will go into storage and what items will go with you.
- Pack By Room. Avoid packing items from different rooms into the same box. Label each box with the room it belongs to and a list of it's contents It will make unpacking
alot quicker and easier.
- Pack in Order of Need. Items that hardly get used should be packed first, for example; home decor, seasonal items and decorations. The items you use on a daily bases should
be packed last like cooking utensils, clothing,bedding, toiletries, etc.
- Packing the Weight. Heavy items should go in small boxes and lighter items should be packed in big boxes. This not only makes moving boxes easier but will also prevent boxes from
- Protecting Fragile Items. Don't be stingy with the bubble wrap or paper. Make sure to fill in the extra spaces in a box with packing peanuts or paper. This prevents items from
shifting when being moved.
- Pack an Essentials Box. Toilet paper, telephone, toiletries, snacks, coffee maker, coffee, soap, flashlight, screwdriver, pliers, can opener, paper plates, cups, utensils, a
couple of pans, paper towels, and cleaning supplies are some of the essentials you may need upon arrival at your new home. Pack a box with these types of items and load it last so that it will be